Please do not bring your child to the Center if he/she is running a fever or has the possibility of a contagious disease. If a child becomes ill while at the Center, the parent will be called so that arrangements can be made for the child to be picked up. We do not assume responsibility for illness. You are required to complete a medication form when your child is to be given medication. The Center is not allowed to give medication without parental consent. The medication should be labeled with the child’s name and dosage of the medicine. We do not medicate for pain or fever.
The following criteria, suggested by the County Health Department, will be used in determining when a child should be excluded from the Center.
1. Fever of 100 degrees or more/Child must be fever free for 24 hours before retuning to the CDC
2. Vomiting and/or diarrhea due to illness
3. Sore throat, tonsillitis
4. Any communicable disease or condition, head lice, ring worm, chicken pox, measles, impetigo,
open sores or rash, ect. (a written release from a doctor must accompany your child after any contagious disease.)
5. Nasal discharge with fever.
6. Severe cough with discharge
7. Inflammation of eyes or eyelid with discharge